Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Solution for Land Rover P1415 and P0174

Land Rover Car details: Land Rover 2010, with 150 thousand KM into it.
Land Rover Problem: Check engine light on.

Solution: connect JLR Mangoose V138 with the car, install the driver as outlined by seller user instruction, then visit diagnosis, I managed to get these codes:
- P1415 code (P1415 Secondary Air Injection System – Malfunction Bank 2 RH)
- P0174 (System too lean (bank 2)
- P0150 O2 sensor circuit malfunction (bank 2, sensor 1)
V138 JLR Mangoose for Jaguar and Land Rover
Buying and selling domains solved the situation?
I did so some study concerning the codes about this as well as other LR forums and the RAVE. This might appear to be a pretty common problem therefore i thought I would share my remedy.
I isolated the condition towards bank2 SAI valve. I could not identify any vacuum leaks or clogged hoses. Whatever did learn was the sound your banker 1 SAI valve makes when it operates properly. I removed the bank2 valve and cleaned it using a liberal level of parts cleaner then reinstalled it. Applying vacuum on the newly cleaner valve (I wouldn’t refer to it as clean) I obtained the noise which the good valve was giving me. Apparently it was just a stuck valve. I cleared the codes and only the P0150 has returned…got a whole new O2 sensor on order.

No comments:

Post a Comment